- In 1992; 25 years ago I left a very abusive relationship to start my new life.
- In 1993; I attended the Barbara Schlifer Clinic for a 12 week workshop for women that suffered abuse.
- In 1994; the most difficult decision I had to make was to give my kids up to Children’s Aid. 18 years ago I started working at the bank processing utility bills for the entire banks buildings across Canada. 6 months later I moved to the operations centre taking calls and processing invoices.
- 2002; I worked as a MAC Project Manager (Moves, Adds & Changes in the bank’s Corporate Office) work my way throughout the years, went to Ryerson University graduated in 2006 with a Certificate in Facility Management and 2008 to date I have a career as a Facility Manager.
- 2010; Certified Life Coach
- 2012 – 2016; I volunteered at the Women’s Centre of York Region with the Making Changes Program.
- 2013; I took a 12 week Business course at the WCYR and my father passed away
- 2014; married for the 2nd time
- 2015; Certified Life Skills Coach – I was encouraged to take this course by Gail (Making Changes Facilitator)
- 2016; Certified in Indian Head Massage, Reflexology and Reiki.
- 2017; left my husband July 1st, built The Sacred Feather Store (opened July 22nd), in Stouffville with my eldest son and his wife, and received Certification in Hot Stone Massage and Chair Massage. I now facilitate my own workshops at the store.
In the last six months, I have moved 4x, working a full-time job from home and built our business. I also am guardian of my mother who has Alzheimer’s and deal with (2) children that suffer from schizophrenia. I continue to think positive and look forward to my future.
WCYR has taught me that I am quite capable of doing anything I want and that I can get whatever I want. I can get through whatever challenge or change that is happening in my life. I always will remember where I came from. I have learned to ask for what I need and to speak my mind as required. I learned to listen to myself and that my needs are more important. My attitude is that I will no longer accept anything less than what I deserve. I definitely have become more confident, very accepting of who I am and who I have become. My mental health and happiness is very important to me. I only surround myself with like-minded individuals and will not hang around with those who will try to take me down. I continue to take down challenges and nothing or anyone will stop me from what I want to do. I love my time for me. I am a very strong person and my mission in life is to continue to help other people.
WCYR has given me the opportunity to connect with others and most importantly they have great mentors. I am so grateful to have worked with Gail, Leslie, Pilar, and Nancy who have supported me and has taught me so much through their own personal experiences. Thank you ladies!! Love you all!