Women’s Centre of York Region believes that every woman deserves to feel empowered and live to her full potential, and it is our mission to bring hope, support and learning to women in an atmosphere of inclusiveness and collaboration.
The women we serve are mothers, daughters, sisters, neighbours, friends from across York Region.
- 82% have partially or fully completed some form of post-secondary education
- 29% are separated or divorced, 48% are partnered
- 65% are mothers. One in five are single mothers with children under the age of 18.
- 40% are low income. Half of them are raising children under the age of 18 in poverty.
- 21% report English is their second language
- All of them have identified the need and desire for positive change in their lives
To cover WCYR events, fundraisers, or to do a feature on the centre, please email info@WCYR.ca.