No one starts out understanding how to manage money. From creating a household budget, saving for a child’s education, buying a car, choosing a mortgage to evaluating life insurance or a retirement fund, or managing your debt, people have to learn about personal finance in order to be successful overseers of their incomes and assets and to reach their life goals.We offer a series of weekly classes and personalized coaching. With this knowledge and support, women are empowered to take greater control of their personal finances and to use best financial practices to progress toward their financial and life goals.
About the Program
Over a six month framework, women in the Financial Empowerment program are supported through:
- 6 weeks of Group/in-class sessions
- Complimentary financial kit
- Networking and peer support
- Individual financial coaching
- Seminars with guest speakers
Six Weeks of Group Sessions
|Stand Alone Workshops
- January 10th, 2020 at WCYR from 9:30 A.M. to 12 P.M.
- January 16th, 2020 in Markham at the Welcome Centre Immigrant Services from 9:30 A.M. to 12 P.M.
Upcoming Financial Empowerment Seminars
- January 22, 2020, The Basics of Fling Taxes seminar at WCYR from 1 P.M. to 2:30 P.M.
- Saving & Investing at WCYR (Date to be determined)
Please register for the program or seminars at, 905-853-9270 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Allison Hermann – Program Coordinator
Call: Women’s Centre of York Region – 905-853-9270
Email: email@example.com (pre-registration is required)
Online by clicking the link below: