No one starts out understanding how to manage money. From creating a household budget, saving for a child’s education, buying a car, choosing a mortgage to evaluating life insurance or a retirement fund, or managing your debt, people have to learn about personal finance in order to be successful overseers of their incomes and assets and to reach their life goals.We offer a series of weekly classes and personalized coaching. With this knowledge and support, women are empowered to take greater control of their personal finances and to use best financial practices to progress toward their financial and life goals.
About the Program
Over a six month framework, women in the Financial Empowerment program are supported through:
- 6 weeks of Group/in-class sessions
- Complimentary financial kit
- Networking and peer support
- Individual financial coaching
- Seminars with guest speakers
Six Weeks of Group Sessions
|Stand Alone Workshops
- Wednesday Aril 15, 2020 Online Special COVID-19 Edition from 1 P.M. to 3:00 P.M.
- Friday May 1, 2020 Online from 9:30 A.M. – 11:30 A.M.
- Friday June 26, 2020 Online from 9:30 A.M. – 11:30 A.M.
- Friday August 21, 2020 Online from 9:30 A.M- 11:30 A.M.
Upcoming Financial Empowerment Seminars
- Apps to Save Cashback – July 22, 2020 at 1 P.M. Online over Zoom
- Ins-N-Outs of ODSP – August 27, 2020 10 A.M. Online over Zoom
Please register for the program or seminars at, 905-853-9270 or email@example.com
Allison Hermann – Program Coordinator
Call: Women’s Centre of York Region – 905-853-9270
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (pre-registration is required)
Online by clicking the link below: