Making Changes is a group life skills program that enables women to develop basic skills necessary to move forward and become clearer and stronger decision makers on life circumstances that negatively impact their lives. Through this active learning program women discover more about themselves and their abilities, develop confidence and use their strengths and skills in becoming the person they would like to be. Participants learn about accepting responsibility for choices they make in managing their lives.
Making Changes runs Three 10 week modules and women can start with any module. Sessions are 2-1/2 hours per week. All programs are offered free-of-charge.
|Self-Empowerment- 10 weeks – Fall 2017
||Effective Communication – 10 weeks – Winter 2018
|Healthy Boundaries – 10 weeks – Spring 2018
- Tuesday mornings (9:30am-12:00pm) – Markham- Job Skills – 4961 Hwy #7 ,
- – Aurora – Our Lady of Grace Parish – 15347 Yonge St.
- Tuesday evenings (6:30-9:00pm) – Newmarket – WCYR Office
- Wednesday mornings (9:30am-12:00pm) – Newmarket (Childminding available)
- Wednesday afternoons (1:00-3:30pm) – Newmarket- Quaker House, 17030 Yonge St.
- Wednesday evenings(6:30-9:00pm) – Newmarket- WCYR Office
- Thursday afternoons(1:00-3:30pm) – Richmond Hill – York Regional Police #2, 171 Major Mackenzie Dr., Community room
Pilar Villate- 905-853-9270, ext. 206 / firstname.lastname@example.org