Job Title: Frontline Services
Purpose: To provide reception and client support to enhance Women’s Centre of York Region’s services in accordance with its policies, mission and objectives. WCYR works from an Anti- Racist/Anti-Oppressive/ Feminist framework. This is a 4 day per week position 8:30am-4:00 pm. Position to start immediately.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Welcome clients and visitors to the Centre
- Answer telephone and provide callers with general WCYR information and referrals, when appropriate, to internal staff or external community providers
- Respond to or forward general WCYR and program specific e-mails
- In the event of program and appointment cancelations, provide back-up support to counselors and program staff
- Re-direct drop-in and phone requests, including registration for workshops and programs to appropriate staff
- Refer crisis inquiries to appropriate internal or external resources
- Ensure client areas (e.g. reception area, meeting rooms, client kitchen and all washrooms) are presentable and stocked with supplies prior to office doors opening at 9:00 am. This includes bagging and disposing of garbage under front stairs if required.
- Organize the display of community services information
- Other general reception duties as required
- Support Coordinator, Tangible Supports in receiving, distributing and recording usage of tangible supports including bus tickets, grocery cards, personal care bundles and food
- Ensure security of tangible supports
- Schedule Child-Care needs with staff and child-care provider
- Attend and participate in WCYR staff meetings
- Support WCYR in meeting its mandate as requested and opportunity/availability permit
Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational and team work skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in MC Office Applications: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must be able to work with a diverse population
- Awareness and sensitivity to social-emotional issues that impact low income women
- Familiarity with Anti-Racist/Anti-Oppressive/Feminist framework
- Familiar with York Region community agencies/ resources
- Police Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector Screening is required
- SSW Diploma or equivalent experience required
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only individuals short-listed for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.