“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
As a not-for-profit agency, Women’s Centre of York Region relies on funding and fundraising to support our work. Working on a shoestring budget, Women’s Centre of York Region has served women in York Region for over 39 years. We have been a driving force and partner in supporting women so they are able to thrive personally, socially and economically.
Women’s Centre of York Region believes that every woman deserves to feel empowered and live to her full potential. Our multi-dimensional approach helps women who have identified the need and desire for positive change in their lives by offering unique programming and services that address a range of circumstances at little or no cost. Our goal is to fully support each woman on her personal journey of discovery in order that she thrives fully.
In order to continue to meet the growing needs of women in our community, Women’s Centre of York Region needs your support now more than ever.
In 2015, funding and fundraising allowed us to provide:
- 840 grocery gift cards for clients to purchase food for themselves and their families
- 327 personal care bundles to clients ensuring they and their children have essential personal care items, freeing up limited finances to purchase other necessities
- 604 transit tickets to clients in order to ensure they can attend programs at the Centre and engage in volunteer opportunities in the community
- 199 winter warmth hampers to 82 clients and their 117 children ensuring they are prepared for the winter weather
- 94 back-to-school backpacks to clients to ensure their children (and they themselves if returning to school) have the necessary supplies to participate in school
- Over 1800 hours of one-on-one counselling support to women, including over 300 hours specifically helping women working on leaving abusive relationships
- Programs and services to over 830 women building crucial life skills to effect positive change in their lives
There are so many ways you can support our work:
- Join our Anniversary Campaign…$40,000 for 40 Years! Click Here
GOAL: $40,000 TO DATE: $4,445 (4 women supported!)
- Attend an Event
- Corporate Giving
- Sign Up For Our eNewsletter
- Follow Us: