For more than 37 years we’ve helped thousands of women build the confidence and skills to transition their lives from hopelessness to possibility. We couldn’t have done that without the support of the York Region community – our volunteers, donors and program funders.
The need is greater than ever and with your continued generosity and support we can help thousands more women – mothers, sisters, aunts, neighbours, co-workers and friends.
Thank you for believing as we do… that every woman deserves to feel empowered and live to her full potential. Help a woman Embrace Change. Help us Empower Women.
WAYS TO SUPPORT US…
Become a Monthly Donor
A monthly gift is the easiest way to support our work and provides Women’s Centre of York Region with a stable source of income, ensuring maximum impact for the women we serve.
- $13 a month provides a personal care bundle to clients ensuring they and their children have essential personal care items like tampons, toothpaste and shampoo, freeing up limited personal finances to purchase other necessities
- $20 a month supports a family with a ‘last-week-of-the-month’ grocery gift card so clients can purchase food for themselves and their children
- $30 a month supports a woman’s participation in one program
- $94 a month supports a woman’s participation in our programs for an entire year (on average our clients access 3 or more programs over a year)
It’s easy to become a monthly donor! Click the Donate Now button, Email us or Download our donation form and send it to us by mail. Every donation makes a difference in the lives of a woman and her family.
Make WCYR Your “Charity of Choice”
- Become a monthly donor and demonstrate your commitment to our mission
- Designate your at-work United Way contribution to Women’s Centre of York Region
- Create your own fundraising event to support our work
- See if your company has a Matching Gift Program
Make a Donation In Honour, In Celebration or In Memory
Make a donation in honour or memory of someone special or to celebrate a special teacher, an anniversary, birthday or simply send good wishes. We will send a personal message to the honoree on your behalf. Contact our Fund Development Manager to discuss your special request.
Donate Your AirMiles®
Donate your Cash Miles to Women’s Centre of York Region! Donations can be made in increments of $10, and donations over $20 will receive a charitable tax receipt. Visit www.airmiles.ca/donate for more information or to donate your Miles today.
Donate Shoppers Optimum Points
Donate the Shoppers Optimum points you earn at Shoppers Drug Mart to Women’s Centre of York Region! Your points will support us in supplying much needed personal care items to financially vulnerable women and their children. Visit https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/optimum-new/donate-transfer for more information or to donate your points today.
Drop off Personal Care Products
Every month we provide personal care products to financially vulnerable women. We welcome your donations of new, unused:
- women’s deodorant
- body lotion
- feminine hygiene products
Drop off your personal care products donation at our office: 120 Harry Walker Parkway North in Newmarket. (Open Monday to Thursday, 9-4:30.)
Create a Legacy
Contact our Executive Director to discuss how you can create a legacy with a planned gift, donation of stocks, securities or life insurance. Please ensure you also seek advice from your financial and legal advisors if you would like to explore this option.
Donate Online – Click the “Donate Now” button to donate securely via PayPal
Donate by Telephone – 905.853.9270 (Visa and MasterCard)
Donate by Mail – Download our donation form and mail to:
Women’s Centre of York Region, 120 Harry Walker Parkway North, Newmarket, ON L3Y 7B2
Charitable Registration No. 13485 9024 RR0001
To minimize administrative expenses, only donations over $20 will automatically receive a charitable tax receipt.