Join Women’s Centre of York Region in transforming despair to hope, problems to possibility for the thousands of women we serve.
The women who come to our Centre are your mothers, daughters, sisters, neighbours, coworkers and friends. “In Her Words” tells their stories of courage, of rebuilding, of hope.
By donating to WCYR, you are helping to:
- Provide opportunities for women like Michelle, Leonie and Mirela to attend programs that enable them to rebuild their lives
- Rebuild women’s strength, courage and self-esteem
- Restore dignity and respect
- Create safe homes filled with comfort and warmth
- Build strong relationships and friendships
- Support future leaders in our community
- Help every woman become the person she was meant to be
Right now, there are women in your neighbourhood that need our help.
Together, we can change the conversation, change the community.
In Her Words…
“I am Powerful!”
“Without the Women’s Centre, I wouldn’t have recognized the strength that I have inside myself, or my worth – as a mom, as a person, as a woman, as a daughter, as a sister, as a friend. Women’s Centre of York Region helped put me back together so that I could become who I was really meant to be.” – Michelle
“I am Alive and Awesome”
“The courses that I took showed me that it was ok to start over again. I was learning all over again. I was taking baby steps again for me.” – Leonie
“Happy to Be a Woman!”
“We go there, we belong there, and we are not afraid and not ashamed anymore. It’s wonderful.” – Mirela