Our Winter Warmth program provides seasonal supports to women and their families throughout York Region. Yearly, we help more than 200 women and their children have a warm, safe, and fun, holiday season!
This year will be very difficult for women living in abusive relationships and living in poverty. We did not want to add another barrier by not having Winter Warmth Program therefore, we will still run the program for 2020! Some changes to note – we will not be providing tangible items to women this year, instead, women will be receiving gift cards such as a prepaid Mastercard, Visa cards etc., to purchase the items they need for themselves and their children during this winter season and the holidays.
There are many ways to help this year! Please see below for details about how you can get involved!
Sponsor a family!
- Make a budget
- Choose a family size you can sponsor based on your budget
- Purchase gift cards for the family and arrange drop off with WCYR
Sponsor a woman or her child this holiday season!
- Donate a $25 gift card for a teenager!
- Donate a $50 gift card that can be used for a pair of winter boots!
- Donate a $100 gift card that can be used for a new winter coat for a child in need!
- Donate a $100 gift card for a woman in need to buy winter necessities!
Gather support from friends and family to sponsor a family as a group!
- Recruit friends and family to donate a gift card for the family you wish to sponsor
- If 5 friends donate a $50 gift card that will provide $250 for a family in need to buy the necessary, winter items.
Buying gift cards?
Use this link and the company you purchase a gift card from donates a certain percentage back to WCYR at no additional fee to you! https://www.fundscrip.com/Sign-Up.aspx?IID=F5XMGP
Monetary donations are also accepted and will be put toward a family with the greatest need! Please use the following link if you would like to make a monetary donation to the Winter Warmth Program. In the form please be sure to click the drop down menu under fund and choose Winter Warmth https://www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/52766
Are you ready to become a WCYR hero and sponsor Winter Warmth?
Email Allison Hermann firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this form in order to be contacted