Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Women’s Centre of York Region. Our team of volunteers is essential to the realization of our mission. it is with your generous assistance that we are able to offer a range of programs and services to women in need.
Women’s Centre of York Region is an equal opportunity volunteer placement provider. Volunteer applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability. Volunteer placement will only be based on qualifications and volunteer position requirements.
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer:
- Complete the online Volunteer Application Form below.
- Potential volunteers will be contacted to schedule an interview. Interviews will take approximately one hour.
- Potential volunteers are asked to bring two references with them to the interview, at least one to be of a professional/business nature.
- If applicable, a Vulnerable Screening Application form will be given to you at the time of the interview, and must be submitted to the York Regional Police.
- When you have received your completed Screening Form from the York Regional Police please bring the original copy to the Centre so that it may added to your Volunteer file.
- Once accepted as a Women’s Centre volunteer you will be called to come in for an orientation session at the Centre. You may also be invited to participate in further volunteer training that the Centre will offer from time to time.
Get Started Today!
Complete the Application Form below. Please complete all sections as thoroughly as possible as this information will be used to determine eligibility.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- BINGO! We require several committed volunteers to assist us throughout 2017 on select Thursday and Saturday evenings in Newmarket. Shifts are 3 hours long and a one-time training session is required.
- BOARD MEMBERS: We are looking for new Board Members! Are you… passionate about women’s issues, looking for a way to give-back or pay-it-forward? Are you from… Georgina, King City, Vaughan, Markham, East Gwillimbury, Richmond Hill, Aurora, Newmarket or Stouffville? Are you experienced in… Fundraising, Marketing, Legal/Compliance or another area that would complement our work? Of particular need currently: Board Secretary and Board Members able to volunteer for BINGO shifts (Saturday’s from 3-6pm, 4x per year).
- FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE: Help us with our fundraising events and in developing a strategy to engage others in the community to support WCYR through 3rd Party Events.